30 October, 2014

But It Was A Beginning...

Let me preface this by stating that, at this time, I have no idea what I'm doing. Now that that's out of the way, I can also confirm that this is not terribly unusual for me. I've been averse to instruction guides for most of my life, and find the idea of a set plan to be nauseatingly constricting. I imagine it has something to do with my upbringing, but it's made me into a pretty damn good improviser, so I've got that going for me. Suffice to say, I've had enough experience to know that, crappy as this may look now, it will get better.

This all being said, welcome to my infinitesimally small corner of the internet. It may not look like much, but that's because it's not. At least not yet. Hell, maybe not ever! And to be honest, I'm surprisingly cool with that. I'm not doing this to win readers. I'm not some desperate loner looking for validation, at least not since High School, but I am interested in putting my ideas down in print and maybe even getting a little feedback. Google is kind enough to provide this platform for the low low cost of rampant social engineering free, so I figured I might as well take advantage of the opportunity. 

So what is this blog going to be about? Hell if I know. I don't know what I'm doing, remember? Probably a lot of books, some politics, the occasional irritated screed on how our culture is being flushed down the crapper, a bit of military stuff, guns, video games, and maybe even some content someone may want to read. I mean, besides my beautiful editrix (hi honey!). Don't let the pretty face fool you, though, she's just as well armed and probably more annoyed than I, she's just quieter about it.

So who am I to write this? Well, my initial response of MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS, while true to type, is probably counterproductive to anyone actually reading this mess, so I'll give a brief synopsis: engineer, a miles in the militia, devoutly Christian, confirmed Catholic, patriarch of my family, and a decidedly hoplophilic republican (vote M. Tullius Cicero for this year's Consul!). I'm also fond of historical jokes no one gets, snide comments that fly over everyone's head, good English, bad Latin, and interesting conversation.

Ergo this blog, which mostly follows after this...

No comments:

Post a Comment